I love birthdays. I especially love MY birthday. Being spoiled and pampered is fun, and quite frankly, I enjoy any attention I can get!
1. My birthday began as my oldest son woke me from my sweet slumber,
2. with a bloody nose.
3. My daughter grabbed a fork to “help” me eat my oatmeal.
4. She said, “poop,” climbed off my lap and walked towards the bathroom.
5. I plopped my 17 month old daughter onto the potty. She pushed, tooted, and reached for the toilet paper.
6. Leaving her naked in the bathroom, I went to grab a diaper. I returned to poop on the floor.
7. I cleaned up poop. At 7:30 am.
8. My four-year-old, who is most like me and loves his sleep, yells for me to come downstairs. “Mommy, I need your help here. My bed’s all wet.”
9. I did a load of laundry.
10. “Poop!” I found my daughter standing in the potty reaching for toilet paper.
11. I braved taking all three of my littles to my favorite hole-in-the-wall diner for breakfast. I forgot they only take cash.
12. With my baby on my hip, I retrieved cash from the ATM across the street, which is located in a bar.
13. My son and I high-fived because the baby finally went down for a nap (she skipped them all last week). Hooray! It’s 12:30.
14. Baby’s awake. It’s 12:50.
15. Baby girl has little red dots all over her forehead.
16. I did another load of laundry.
17. “Poop!” Once again, I scooped her up and plopped her down. She pushed, SHE POOPED, she laughed.
18. I sent out multiple text messages of my happy little girl on the potty.
19. My daughter had a bath and I liked 150+ birthday messages on Facebook.
20. I became friends with my first grade teacher on Facebook. She said, “you’re just as pretty as I remember!”
21. The kids and I… okay, really just I, popped popcorn and built a fort.
22. Fox and the Hound made me teary eyed.
23. Grumpy baby girl went down for a nap… again… for real this time. Hallelujah! It’s 4:00.
24. I left all messes to be picked up by someone else. (This is what it looks like when I really do nothing all day!)
25. We went out for dinner to which my six-year-old forgot to wear shoes… so he wore Grandma’s golf shoes inside.
26. My mom lost her wallet,
27. so my brother paid for dinner!
28. I sat at the end of the driveway, waiting for my husband to get home.
30. My husband put the kids to bed, did the dishes, and took me for ice cream.
31. I realized I have 9 more years til I’m 40…
Not quite a day of pampering, but quite a special day indeed!
Thanks to all my family and friends for the birthday love! Here’s to the next 31!