In the spirit of Thanksgiving, many friends have taken to social media to share what they are thankful for. Personally, I am thankful for this blog, and for those who read it. It is amazing to me the amount of my life I have been able to pour into it in just one year. Yes, a year. I have been The Preach Teach for one year now. What started out as a means to “stay creative” in the words of my husband, turned into an avenue for grieving and healing. It astounds me when I look back and see God’s purpose in the “tiny” little decisions I make. I thought I was starting a blog to talk about the complexities of kids and school… God saw it as so much more. I’m still figuring it out. I could still devote a lot more of my attention to making it better, into making me better. But I’m thankful for where I’m at, and hopeful I can continue to share my life- the pretty and the painful- with you all. Thanks for reading.
Here are some highlights of the past year:
- As of now, 11/27/13, I have 113 followers through WordPress and Email. My PreachTeach Facebook page has 305 likes.
- I’ve had over 31,000 views on my blog!! (I remember when I was elated having 1,000 views!).
- I’ve had 338 other shares on my posts
- I am now a contributor to the Des Moines Moms Blog!
- I had the honor of guest blogging
I asked some of my loyal family and friend followers to share their favorite post on PreachTeach. Here are their answers:
- My Most Viewed and Most Shared post is More Than My Dad. It’s not surprising as my dad was a pretty popular guy!
- My husband and brother both liked, The Longest Car Ride, probably because they like to laugh at my expense!
- My friend Jane’s favorite, My Someday because it inspired her.
- My friend Jantina liked Blessed at the End of my Rope because she felt it to be authentic. “In the best day and hardest day, blessed!”
- My sister-in-law, Linda said Dear Kindergarten Teacher, was a good reminder of what teaching should be. She even read it to her teaching staff!
- My mother-in-law, Trish’s all-time favorite is Does Jesus Like Pickles? She loves to talk to my boys about Jesus, so I’m not surprised this one stuck with her!
- My mom picked one of my favorite’s too, An Unbelievable Friend. I’ve learned a whole heck of a lot this year. More than I honestly wanted. However, my dad’s death taught me something I will never forget-
That in life, it does not matter who you become at the end of it. Rather, it matters who you touch in the midst of it.
My dad was a friend to so many. We should all strive to make those in our life matter!
- Lastly, my favorite is From Last to First because it’s sad and beautiful all twisted into one. If I’ve learned anything this year, it is that life can be ugly, and difficult, and unfair. But even in it’s darkest of corners, the smallest of light makes it all worth while.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you for sticking with me. I pray you continue to read and share. Cheers to another year!
What has been your favorite post? Comment or head over to Facebook page